Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Camp Iwannakia

hopefully i'm moving. like, by next week. to Troy, AL. maybe i'll make new friends. and find a good church. and i'll have to find a job. and well, i just don't know. i'll find out tomorrow. i go to troy tomorrow to look at the campus and talk to someone about the programs. all i have to do to change campuses is fill out one form. not even a whole form. the top of a form. and get it approved and faxed from the old campus (montgomery) to the new campus (troy). i want so badly to be surrounded by good Christian people. it'll be scary to be on my own, paying my own rent and all, but i can't wait. i have to find a job. that's priority numero uno. i found some stuff going through all the boxes last night. some memory stuff. and some stuff i'd been missing. like practically ALL my jewelry. gold and diamonds and everything. just stuffed in a box and put in a storage room. not like i have a ton of gold and diamonds. i know that made it sound like i do. but i have some. some i have with me. but some of it was in storage. and i found it. i was stoked. but my favorite thing i found was my guitar pick necklace that Brian made me and a cross i had bought and the chain broke, but i made it work onto my guitar pick necklace. so now i'm wearing that with my scroll necklace. and i found a ring that i always liked, if it had thorns it would be Jesus' crown of thorns. so i'm wearing it on my left ring finger. like a promise ring. i want it to be my promise ring. i'm tired of looking for comfort and acceptance through physical encounters. it's not like i sleep around or anything, but it's not hard to get to kiss me. and i'm tired of that. i'm worth more than just some random make-out session. so even though it's scary for me, to stand up for myself, i'm promising to myself and to God that i'm going to make a go of it.

my counselor told me something funny today. and complimentary. and...i dunno. it was....i can't describe. well, i guess i'll just tell you. she told me i was fascinating. no one's ever told me i was fascinating. that i could peak someone's interest like that, that someone would be interested in me, not in a physical or romantic way, but interested in ME. that i "fascinate" them.

i found the script for "camp iwannakia" today. and read through it. it was so funny. that was one of the best shows i ever did. i had a lead. it was a play at _tag. for those of you who don't know, _tag (take and give) was my youth group at NewLife church in Colorado Springs. Brent Parsley is the youth pastor there and is awesome. i still listen to his podcasts. see my facebook notes for an excerpt. it's so funny.

so, my cat just bit me, twice, hard. i guess he thinks i'm not paying enough attention to him.....seriously?....i'm bleeding! i just kicked him out of my room. serves him right. "i got him, i got the little bastard!"~Victor

No comments: