Wednesday, August 13, 2008

newness

Julia now lives in Troy AL with two roomates, two dogs, and a cat. all of which live inside an "extended" trailer. not to be confused with a double wide. they're bigger.

i added that to my facebook profile today. it's true...they are bigger. but who ever said bigger was better???....wait...what's that?? everybody says that???? CRAP. lol. my room is the smallest of the three. i think my storage room in Prattville is bigger. literally. but i got all my crap in there. well, obviously not ALL my crap. i only brought two guitars. and only 5/6ths of my movies. but cj didn't have to sacrifice anything. except that my bed is now smaller. oh...excuse me...he's correcting me...HIS bed is now smaller. but he's glad there's easier access to his food and litter box. doesn't even have to leave the room. thank God it's covered and all that. so my room doesn't smell or anything. i bought a collapsable laundry hamper, so i don't have clothes all over the floor either. and my classes aren't until 1pm on any given day, so i can get a morning job. hopefully i'll get a work study job at school during the days. mornings anyhow. and then work nights and weekends at Sonic. if they'll ever friggin call me back! they said it would be a couple of weeks...WITHIN a couple of weeks. so...maybe. so i'm putting a lot of hope into this work study position. pray that i get it. i kind of thought that the Sonic job was a sure thing. that's what they made it sound like. but...it's ok. it will all work out. i'll find a job somewhere. hopefully two. and i got some money from my investment fund. it'll hold me over for a couple of months. and then my loan money will come through. and hopefully next semester i can get assistance from vocational rehabilitation for living expenses. rent and such. they do that apparently! sometimes they even do meal plans. that is exactly what i need. then i could save the rest of the money that i make. and with this interpreter's program, i can get a job straight out of college. easypeasy.

i cooked dinner for my roomate and her boyfriend and myself tonight and we all watched a movie. Robin and Jacob. that's their names. i haven't seen much of Mary Helen. i invited her to have dinner with us, but she had a barbecue to go to. oh well, she's the one missing out. right? yeah. whatever. she has friends to hang out with, and i had to force my other roomate to hang out with me by bribing her and her boyfriend with food and a movie.

my sign language class (ASL 1) seems like it's going to be fun. our teacher is hearing impaired. completely deaf. she was asking us something and then turned her back and i answered her and the guy next to me was like...dude...she's deaf. i was so embarrassed. yes i know she's deaf, but this is all new to me. but i'll get used to it. ok. cj got in my lap and told me to get off. so i'm gonna go to bed. talk to you soon!

No comments: